For years, insurance companies have been trying to make the entire process of buying and even renewing your insurance policies as easy as possible. Like with most things though, insurance companies rely on you regardless of whether you live in Laurel, MD or anywhere else. You are the one who is responsible for providing the insurance company with all of the pertinent and critical information. For that reason, we have put together a list of some of the information that you will need if you are buying a new insurance policy or just renewing and/or updating an existing policy.
When it comes to your vehicle, most of the time, people will have a good idea of what type of information they will need. Such as your license plate number. However, that isn’t the only sort of information you will need. Some of the other pieces of information include but are not limited to:
- If you are renewing or updating your insurance you will need to know your current policy number.
- The VIN (Vehicle Information Number) of your car.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle, you will need to know the name and address of whoever holds the lien. Most of the time this will be a dealership or bank.
- If you happen to be purchasing a new or used vehicle, you will need the insurance company to show the dealer and local DMV proof of insurance. You will need the fax numbers or email address of the dealer and DMV.
- If you are clearing up DMV issues such as a suspension of licenses or even an SR-22, you will need a case number.
If it is time for you to renew, review or update your vehicle insurance, call or visit a Mid Atlantic Insurance Financial agency as soon as possible.