Are you a resident of the Laurel, MD area? Are you a licensed driver? If so, Mid Atlantic Insurance Financial can provide the automobile insurance you need.
It is illegal to drive without this coverage in 48 out of 50 states. You stand to lose a lot in an accident for which you are liable. The primary reason to have vehicle insurance is to provide financial protection against bodily injury or physical damage resulting from a traffic accident. It will also provide financial protection against damage to the vehicle in a non-traffic collision, theft, weather events, or damage resulting from natural disasters.
Here are the types of automobile insurance to consider:
- Bodily Injury – If you are in an accident and found liable for another’s injuries, this coverage pays for all medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
- Collision – Collision coverage is usually optional. Collision insurance pays up to the vehicle’s cash value minus deductible if you are in an accident with another vehicle or hit a fence or mailbox.
- Comprehensive – This coverage pays to replace or repair a vehicle if it is damaged by fire, hail, theft, flood, falling objects, or hitting an animal. Windshield repairs are also covered. It is optional in most cases. The exception is if a car is leased, the finance company may require the driver to carry this coverage. Comprehensive coverage stays with the driver, regardless of what vehicle is being driven.
- Liability – This coverage is mandatory in most states. The minimum liability coverage will vary according to state law.
- Medical Payments – This coverage is optional in some states and mandatory in others. It will cover the policyholder, family members driving the insured vehicle, and any passengers. It covers medical tests, hospitalization, and surgery.
- Personal Injury – PIP protection is not available in all states. It is similar to medical payments coverage because it covers payment of medical expenses following an accident. It also provides housecleaning services, loss of income, and childcare expenses while the driver recuperates. PIP also pays funeral costs if necessary.
- Underinsured/uninsured Motorist – This coverage is required in some states but not in others. It provides coverage to help with medical bills and repairs to the car if the driver at fault does not have enough coverage.
Contact Mid Atlantic Insurance Financial today! You will be glad you did.